Yep, it’s a new year, and a time where may people set new goals in their personal and professional lives.
This year, we are ripe and ready to state our new years resolutions. Namely in what creatures we are dying to photograph, and determined to capture this year in the field.
Here’s our list:
1. Pine Marten. Arg. If you have been following us on twitter or facebook, you may have seen us posting updates over the holidays of our attempts to track and photograph the elusive pine marten. We didn’t have any luck up north, so this is our #1 goal for the year.
2. Fisher. Yes, quite similar to the pine marten, but we have been in search of these guys for the past few years, ever since we started stopping in Riding Mountain National Park, Manitoba. A place where fishers, we are told, are relatively easy to spot.
3. Porcupine. Simon and I have seen plenty of these creatures in our day, but unfortunately they have been found along the sides of the road, alas road-kill.
4. Lynx. Ohh. To dream. We really hope that some day soon we are able to check this guy off of our list. We have had a few tips in the past as to where a few have been spotted in the past, but we still have to place them on the list. A glimpse, just a glimpse and we may be content for a while.
5. Wolverine. Hah. I have a feeling this will be on our list every year. Not many people have the opportunity to say that they have seen a wolverine. It’s a sore spot for especially for us. Last new year, we were invited up to our friends house in Northern Ontario, but had to cancel last minute due to a medical issue. BUT would you know it, while they were out hiking around, they encountered a &*$%@! wolverine. Arg!
Any and all tips on where to find these wild and elusive (elusive to us, anyway) creatures are welcome! email@example.com
We would gladly help you with your search for some of the wildlife we have encountered over the years.
Wish us luck!
Happy New Year!